Presenting renowned gardening experts, workshops, a symposium and elegant social events, the Southern Garden Symposium brings nationally recognized speakers to historic plantation settings to celebrate the beauty, the history, and the unparalleled hospitality of one of Louisiana's most beautiful small town settings.
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
For more information: (225) 247-9012 or southerngardensymposium.org.
On Friday and Saturday, prominent speakers will be in town to explore the Felicianas' unique gardening heritage through workshops and lectures, interspersed with social events that celebrate classic Southern hospitality at its best. Floral design, the south's finest historic gardens, new & improved genetics in flower gardening, the new perennial movement, camellias . . . the 2019 Southern Garden Symposium celebrates our 31st year with an exciting and diverse program that's sure to inspire every gardeners' passion . . . we hope you will join us!
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 18. WORKSHOPS.
9 am. Registration (at your first workshop location)
9:30 - 11:15 am. Morning Workshop (Choose one during ticket checkout)
• A Professor’s Guide to Floral Design: A Primer on Floral Arrangement (Dr. James DelPrince) Afton Villa Gardens (we have added availability for this session!)
• Hybrids & Clones: Not Your Grandmother’s Flowers (Cindy Moran) Rosedown Plantation Historic Site
• Reignite Your Plant Passion! (Ms Heidi Sheesley) Temple Sinai
• Camellia - the Queen of Winter - (Bart Brechter) Audubon State Historic Site - Oakley Plantation (note: this is an updated venue location!
11:30 am–1 pm. Lunch (Afton Villa Gardens)
1:30 - 3:30 pm. Afternoon Workshop (Choose one during ticket checkout)
• Film Showing: Five Seasons: The Gardens of Peit Oudolf (Introduction by Ms. Stacey Pfingsten) Jackson Hall at Grace Episcopal Church
• Hybrids and Clones: Not Your Grandmother’s Flowers (Ms. Cindy Moran) Rosedown Plantation State Historic Site—(repeat of morning session)
• Reignite Your Plant Passion! (Ms. Heidi Sheesley) Temple Sinai (repeat of morning session)
• Camellia- the Queen of Winter ( Mr. Bart Brechter) Audubon State Historic Site - Oakley Plantation - (repeat of morning session)
FRIDAY EVENING SPEAKERS' GALA.
6:30 pm. Always a highlight, the 2019 Speakers' Gala will be held at Dellamata, the spectacular home of Mr. and Mrs. David Treppendahl, 12285 Highway 965.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 19. SYMPOSIUM.
8:30 a.m. Registration (Hemingbough)
9:15 am. Welcome and Introductions
9:30 am. Gardenlust: A Botanical Tour of the World’s Best New Gardens ( Mr. Christopher Woods)
10:30 am. Break
11 am. Where Art Meets Nature, Patchwork Perfection ( Mr. Nicholas Staddon)
12 pm. Lunch
12:45 pm. Book Signing and Close of Silent Auction
1:15 pm. Seeking Eden : A Collection of Georgia’s Historic Gardens (Ms. Staci Catron)
2:15 pm. Adjourn
2:30 pm. Afternoon Tea (Beechwood)
Tickets are $100 for Friday's workshop series, $80 for the Friday night Speakers' Gala, and $100 for the Saturday Symposium. Purchase individually, or as an all-inclusive package for $280. For more information: (225) 247-9012 or southerngardensymposium.org.