The 10th Annual “Harvest in the Hills” event, supporting community development projects of St. Francisville Area Foundation, will be held Sunday, November 10 at The Bluffs Golf & Sport Resort, St. Francisville.
The event, which begins at 1:00 p.m. will feature a beautifully catered culinary spread and complimentary beer & wine by Heirloom Cuisine, and live musical performances by St. Francisville’s own “Fugitive Poets” and Grammy Award winning, “Lost Bayou Ramblers.” The afternoon will also feature the hugely popular fly-overs by WWII-era T-6 “Texan” trainers and P-51 Mustang, “Charlotte’s Chariot II,” flown by Dan Fordice.
Generous benefactors will take flight in the T-6’s and P-51 Mustang during the event. Advance Tickets are $75 each ($85 at the door) (Youth 10 and under Free! Youth 11-18 $25). The proceeds from this event support community development projects in West Feliciana.
St. Francisville Area Foundation is a 501(c ) (3) non-profit community foundation whose mission is to protect, restore and enhance the natural beauty, cultural charm and quality of life in West Feliciana. For more information about St. Francisville Area Foundation and to purchase tickets to the event, visit www.stfrancisvilleaf.org
ABOUT OUR FEATURED ENTERTAINMENT:
The Fugitive Poets have been a local and regional favorite for over 15 years. With a unique blend of instrumentation, these five musicians bring a unique energy and creativity to every performance. Their blend of musical genres including Acoustic, Americana, Jazz, Texas Swing, Bluegrass, Blues and a host of 'Old Favorites' is sure to delight - and - with a healthy dose of their original tunes, the audience is at once experiencing the familiar wrapped in something new. At a Fugitive Poets show, you can't help but tap your foot, dance or sing along!
The Grammy award winning Lost Bayou Ramblers’ evolution as a perversely progressive band rooted in Cajun traditions continues to excite, challenge, and redefine both genre expectations as well as cultural preconceptions. Founded in 1999 by brothers Andre and Louis Michot, the last 5 years have brought LBR a feature on Jack White’s American Epic, score contributions to the Oscar nominated film Beasts of the Southern Wild, a Grammy award for their latest album "Kalenda" and tours with both Arcade Fire and the Violent Femmes. Lost Bayou Ramblers stands at the crosscurrents of Louisiana culture by inhabiting the gray area between Cajun and Creole, convention and innovation, mystery and a revelation, experimenting and growing the show to what it's become today: an eclectic mix of modern sounds and rhythms with ancient Cajun melodies and lyrics. World Café says “The Grammy-winning group plays a revved-up version of Cajun music, shot through with punk energy and psychedelic fuzz.”
Southern Heritage Air Foundation (SHAF), was founded in 2004 by former Mississippi Governor, Kirk Fordice and his son Dan, to preserve the stories of local and regional WWII Veterans and to preserve aviation history by keeping Vintage and WWII aircraft in the air! SHAF Museum houses “living history” aircraft and WW-II memorabilia and lives out its mission to teach all who walk through its doors a love of their country, a love of those who fought for their freedoms, a love of aviation and stories that will live with them forever.
The event begins at 1:00 p.m. Sunday, November 10, 2019 with live music performances by "The Fugitive Poets" and "The Lost Bayou Ramblers," and a thrilling, WWII aircraft fly-over provided by Southern Heritage Air Foundation. Proceeds benefit charities and projects of St. Francisville Area Foundation.
Tickets as follows:
• GENERAL ADMISSION: $75 in advance ($25 ages 11–17; children 10 and under FREE); or $85 at the gate. Ticket includes complimentary beer & wine and catered buffet.
• BRONZE SPONSOR: $250. Includes 2 event tickets, VIP parking, full access to VIP viewing area, complimentary food & beverage, company or individual name on event banner, "Heritage" level member status.
• SILVER SPONSOR: $500. Includes 4 event tickets, VIP parking, full access to VIP viewing area, complimentary food & beverage, company or individual name on event banner, "Cornerstone" level member status.
• GOLD LEVEL SPONSOR: $1000. Includes 6 event tickets, VIP parking, full access to VIP viewing area, complimentary food & beverage, company or individual name on event banner, "Legacy" level member status.
• PLATINUM LEVEL SPONSOR: $1500. Includes 8 event tickets, VIP parking, full access to VIP viewing area, complimentary food & beverage, company or individual name on event banner, "Foundation" level member status.
• T-6 TEXAN SPONSOR: $2,000. Includes 1 flight in T-6 Texan aircraft prior to event (8 flights available), 4 event tickets, VIP parking, full access to VIP viewing area, complimentary food & beverage, company logo or individual name on sponsor banner, "Foundation" level member status.
• EVENT PARTNER: $5,000. Includes 1 ride in WWII P-51 Mustang (only 2 available), 6 event tickets VIP parking, full access to VIP viewing area, complimentary food & beverage, company logo or individual name displayed on sponsor banner, "Partner" level member status.
THIS IS A RAIN OR SHINE EVENT.
NO REFUNDS WILL BE ISSUED.